Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Blonde moments

I admit it. I have blonde moments. Lots of them. Especially lately. My memory is completely shot and it's really bugging.

I can't remember conversations I've had with people. That's the most prevalent problem I've noticed, but there are others. Like the fact that I cannot hold a thought process for more than a minute or two. My conversations are so fragmented I'm surprised people can keep up. I think I might need to be medicated for it (kidding!).

The one that is really bugging me is that I've had my discharge papers from the Emergency Room for weeks. They've been in my line of vision every day. I finally picked them up because I needed to find out when my Cardiologist appointment was and realized there was an actual diagnosis on the discharge papers!

First, I am seriously bugged that I cannot remember things I've made arrangements for, like said doctors appointment (p.s. Jan 19th at 2:00 in case I forget again). BUT...I can remember obscure factoids that I really don't need to remember. I blame the seizure.

Second, the diagnosis: Prolonged Q-T Interval Syndrome. I don't know what exactly it is yet as the internet is a bit scary and cryptic. Luckily, I have a rockin' brother and sister-in-law who are doing some research on it for me. And I'm writing down lots of questions for the Cardiologist since my primary care doctor wasn't very forthcoming. A message has been left for my primary care doctor as to whether or not I can start an exercise regimen (seriously needed) with this issue outstanding. According to the Mayo Clinic information, it's a racing heart syndrome that can be triggered by sudden startles such as a loud noise or such. Will keep you posted.

So...can I use this diagnosis as an explanation for a faulty memory?

2 comments:

  1. First: Speaking of random things remembered . . . I constantly get this little tune stuck in my head from an episode of "Welcome to Pooh Corner" that I watched when I was probably 10, maybe less. It's going to help me one day, I just know it.

    Second: I'm not cleaning your room. Keeping up with mine is enough for me.

    Third: You're more than welcome to come to Disneyland. Obvs. You can either do community service and get it free or you can pay through the nose. I'm not really picky. However, there are a limited number of free tickets, so I suggest you do the Community Service Fast before they run out. I'll let you know when we're planning on going. But it's really not going to be until October-ish, because we're Disney snobs over here and will only go when it's not busy (except for New Years Eve, when they bribe me with TWO fireworks shows).

    Third: We are going camping at the beach March 26ish thru April 2ish. Mostly we sit around and eat and read and chase kids around and laugh a lot, but it is great fun and very relaxing and you're officially invited.

    Fourth: I'm developing my psychic abilities and I know your cardiologist is going to tell you that smoking is not good for your heart. (You know I will never stop nagging until you stop smoking.)

    Fifth: Masterpiece Theater Classics always starts in January. Don't worry. Sunday was the first day. They'll probably re-show the first half of "Return to Cranford" before the second half this Sunday. Ummm, did you see the first half. Because pretty much it's hysterical.

    Then end . . . for now.
    (Quit smoking.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I haven't smoked since the announcement post. I don't get how it's so hard. Not a problem for me. I must not have smoked long enough. Meh.

    I'll have to take a look at March because I really want to go to the beach. Did you know I've only seen the beach 2 times in my life? I know, it's gotta be a sin or something. And when I say "Seen" I mean, walked it for a few minutes, then left. Blasphemy!

    I'll also take a look at October since I've only been to Disneyland 3 times. How is it that I've got family that lives in California, for 20 years no less, and I've only been to Disneyland 3 times. And none of them are with said family living in CA! You're fired.

    ReplyDelete