Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Slowly, but Surely

I realized I am very remiss in my blog. Part of this is because bleaching the henna out of my hair killed my curls. I have been working at repairing my hair (as much as possible with all the damage I did to it). I have been using the Kinky Curly Midnight Miracle and must say it works pretty well. It does make your hair feel soft and it's nice to put it in at night and just rinse it out in the morning.

I've also been trying to keep protein in my hair at some points, knowing it'll help strengthen my hair and stop breakage. I found a PIMP protein treatment, though it's not CG approved and it comes in individual packages. It's called Malibu 2000 Miracle Repair Conditioner or something similar to that. It perks of the undamaged curls and gived the bleached ends a little more curl.

My PIMP new stylist, who is amazing and cheap agreed that I just need to get all the damaged ends cut off to get my hair back to the way it used to be. Duh. When I first bleached it and colored it, I ended up getting about 4-5" cut off. I let that grow until it was buggin', then I went and got it cut by my current stylist (who was a student at the place I used to go to school and just went to an Aveda Salon). We decided that we would cut off as much as possible without cutting above my chin in the front. So I ended up with a pretty steep a-line. The back portion has almost all the damaged parts cut off and curls great. It's just the front, where I had to leave it longer that still doesn't curl great. I'm back to wearing my hair curly and not straightening. The less damage I do to it, the better off I'll be.

True, the front looks a little scraggly toward the ends, but where the undamaged regrowth is, it's curling like it did before! I've taken to pulling the front half up in a clip so people don't see the scraggly and only see the curls in the back. Hooray! I think in 1-2 months more, I can get the rest of the damage cut off and I'll be a happy curly again!

In anticipation of this joyous event, I have been greedily eyeing all these products I want to try! The Curls line is enticing, as is the Curl Junkie line. I'm currently poor, so those hopes will remain a dream for a while longer. I mean, it's not like I don't have enough product right now! Only 4 shelves worth on a bookcase. Yes, I realize I have a problem. Do I care? Not a lick!

So that's what's up lately and hopefully more posts will be coming as my curls return!

No comments:

Post a Comment