Saturday, October 24, 2009

Job, Hair and other boring happenings in life

Yes, that's right. My life has been pretty boring. Mostly because by the time I'm finished with work, I'm so mentally exhausted I literally go home and crash out. Now, this job isn't hard, it just takes so much mental energy to remember all the rules and I'm dealing with 15+ different rules and regulations each day.

I do have a friend that is amazing and makes work so much more fun and we have a grand old time. Thanks to Julie for keeping me sane when I'm about to lose it!

Work is going great. I've had a few unavoidable absences, so they're giving me a probation before being hired on. That's fine. I deserve it. I need to prove that I can be at work and be productive. They deserve that proof. I've got pills to help me over most of the issues that prevented me from getting to work before, so I'll take my pills and get myself to work.

I've made some very interesting aquaitances at work. I wouldn't quite call them friends because we just go out on smoke breaks. Yes, I take smoke breaks with the smokers. Otherwise, I don't get breaks. And it turns out to be the most hilarious breaks ever in existence! I love my smoke break buddies, they're just too fun!

There is a lady at work who is from France. I love her. She is so funny! I wish I had more direct contact with her. She's across the way from me and every once in a while, she'll drop by just to chat. I love that about her. She's actually interested in me and my life and will genuinely talk to me for the few minutes until I have to get back to work. She's amazing, too! Love her!

Did I mention that I really like my job? It's exhausting, just because the fibromyalgia tires me and I sit all day looking at a computer. I don't get up a whole lot like I used to at old jobs, so I get stiff, then everybody asks me if I'm okay. I admit, this transition has been hard and days have been rough. I think I've come in to work without makeup more often that with. I need to get it together.

So I have a plan:

Exercise. Yup, the best help for Fibromyalgia is exercise. Imagine that! We have a treadmill at the house, have for years. Do I use it? No. Rumor is my sister is going to take it to walk on while she's pregnant, but it hasn't disappeared yet, so I'm going to use it. My goal? 2 miles every day. Yes, it's very little, I know. But I have to be very careful not to overdo. I will increase as I feel like I can handle what I've got.

Next, Hair. My hair has been a nightmare. It's still toasted from the bleach. So I went to my stylist that I met at the school I had been going to and asked her to do whatever she could to get as much damage off as possible. She tried a very sharp a-line, but it just wasn't working, so she cut it into a very trendy asymetrical very short bob. it's like a long pixie cut in back with my hair coming to a point just in front of my ears. Very cute and everybody says it looks cute. I can wear my hair curly again (thank the heavens!), but it's a little wild yet. I might try straightening it and seeing how it goes. I love the cut, though. My stylist (Chelsey at Landis Salon in Bountiful) did an amazing job. I'll try and style it tomorrow and post the pic. It's really fun and when I actually where makeup, it's edgy, which is very fun for me, since I've always been quite conservative.

Last. Boring happenings. Nothing much going on, except for work and trying to get my hair back to normal. I'm reading a pretty riveting book that got me hooked off a TV Series. I'm not even sure what channel it's on or if it's even aired in the US. I know it's filmed in New Zealand. The bad guy in the TV series is actually one of the elf lords from The Lord of The Rings movies. This book series is 12 books! Holy commitment! I'm on the third book. Turns out the TV series is not so much like the book. I'm hoping I'll find the connection in further books. For those of you interested, the TV series is called The Legend of the Seeker. And the book series I believe is called the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind (I think). Very intriguing, but not for young adults.

So...Sorry for not posting more often, but after staring at a computer screen for 8 hours a day, the last thing I want to do is come home and look at a computer again! I'll try to be better about posting.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your blog. I love that you are so upbeat and have goals. Good luck with school. I also have a blog. Check it out when you have time.
    debsfibromyalgiablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair style gives defination to your face. A little change in your hair style and you get an all look. There are a number of hair wrapping and braiding techniques that can help you look more attractive. No matter whether your are at your teen or on the wrong side of thirties or even more, whether you have short, medium or long hair, whether you have straight or curly hair-you can choose from several hair wraps and braiding styles to experiment with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diabetes Insipidus nephropathy

    The evidence of nephropathy appears by low abnormal levels of albumin in the urine. Patient with microalbuminuria are referred to having incident of nephropathy. About 30-40% of diabetic patients account new cases of nephropathy every year. Early manifestation of nephropathy, increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases in both type of patients.
    As diabetic nephropathy is associated problem so sometime it become difficult to diagnose it, conditions such as glomerular disease, kidney infection and few causes of proteinurea are considered as alternate diagnosis of this disease

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hair stylist schools are recognizing their connection to the fashion medium. Schools are preparing students to work within the fashion photography industry by providing resources, as well as encouraging students to become familiar with the top five fashion photography careers: Runway Photographer, Assistant Fashion Photographer, Apparel Fashion Photographer and Style and Fashion, Spa and Beauty Photographer. These positions offer salaries from $50,000-$100,000 per year depending upon the quality of work and experience.

    ReplyDelete