Friday, June 19, 2009

The adventures continue

Wednesday, my back started hurting, so I called my doctor on Thursday to make an appointment. She doesn't work on Thursdays in the office, so I got scheduled with another doctor who is the biggest hardass I've ever come across. My blood pressure was low when I went in, so he wouldn't give me any muscle relaxers to help with the back/ankle pain because they drop the blood pressure. Never mind that my blood pressure is normally borderline high "We have to treat you as you come in." were his words. He took a look at my ankle which is black and blue on all sides. Toes, black and blue...left side of ankle, black and blue spot, right side of ankle, black and blue the whole side. The ankle is still swollen but not twice the size of my good ankle anymore...thank goodness!

He then procedes to drill me about how I fell down the stairs, trying to get me to say I was dizzy and fell down the stairs because some of the medication I'm on has dizziness as a side effect. Too bad I hadn't taken ANY pills that night. He keep rew0rding the question like I'm stupid and might finally admit I was high on all the pills the doctor gave me and fell down the stairs. Wrong. Dumbass.

The doctor decides to bypass the back pain like it doesn't matter and decided to give me a slight upgrade in pain medication for my foot, which doesn't hurt (Not what I was asking for, but he thought I was) and said if it's not better in 2 days, I need to take prednisone for 4 days. Now, I went with my dad to the spine doctor who says he never prescribes oral steroids for inflamation and/or pain because it doesn't do any good. When I addressed that with the doctor, he treated me like I was stupid, said he had read all the literature and that he's the doctor and I should do what he says. Say what?! For those of you who know me...if there is medical proof that something doesn't work any better than a placebo...I'm not doing it. I don't care if you're a doctor or not.

So I was sent to the hospital for x-rays because he thinks my foot might be broken even though it doesn't hurt when I walk on it...only when I move it side to side and up and down. I still have yet to hear the results which were supposed to be in today. Great. Meanwhile, my back is killing me. I'm calling the doctor's office tomorrow to see if they have the results of the x-ray.

The only thing he was good for was giving me samples of migraine pills. Explain to me why it's okay to give me a bag full of migraine medication, but not listen to what is wrong with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment