Monday, June 15, 2009

Biffed it hard

Evidently, walking down the stairs early in the morning is hard! Recently, my dad had injured his back, so we'd been watching him and he's slowly recovering due to a cortisone shot in his back. He's still weak, but too stubborn to stop and recover.

I went and saw my doctor last Friday because I've been having insane anxiety. Well, she decided to try me out on a new fibromyalgia pill. So I'm tapering off my generic anti-depressant and stepping up on the new pill that isn't an anti-depressant but acts in similar ways. Last night, I woke up with a pretty bad anxiety attack and think I might have been hallucinating because I ended up waking up my parents saying something bad was in my bedroom. I've had nighttime visitors, but have always been able to tell them to go away without any problems. Not so last night. So they (my parents) humored me (and slightly ticked me off because I thought they were pooh-poohing me when this was real, dangit!) and I moved into the other bed in the computer room for the rest of the night. After a few hours, common sense returned and I moved back into my bedroom. About 6:00 this morning, I woke up starving and thirsty, so I decided to go downstairs. Dad was in the upstairs bathroom, which is a unique experience.

Well, the first step down, I slipped and fell all the way down the stairs. The dog fought his way free of the covers and came barking, then sniffed my head. My dad opened the bathroom door and asked if I hurt my back (Why my back, I'm not sure, but I guess it made sense to him). I thought for a minute or two that I had broken my ankle, but it's just good and damaged. It's swollen to about twice it's normal size and my knee is slightly damaged, too. This family is just one big walking disaster right now!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that! :( Not to sound like a witch doctor when you need actual medical attention, but tea tree oil has always helped my bruises to heal quickly. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha. I'm sorry to laugh at you're pain, but it is pretty funny! I hope you're alright. Maybe you should hang up a dream catcher . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your fall and the other problems. It sounds like it could have been worse, at least. :o) I hope this "series of unfortunate events" is at an end for you and that you'll be feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete