Tuesday, April 14, 2009

First retry at Co-Washing

So yeah, I'm slightly (Or totally) obsessed with my hair. Today, I decided to shower (a big move for me, I hate to shower because my skin freaks out for days) and begin my trial of full CG. I conditioner washed my hair with Garnier Fructis's silicone free Extra Body conditioner or something to that effect. I scrubbed pretty hard because it had been so long (6 days, gross I know) since my last shower (In my defense, I did absolutely nothing during that time). After co-washing, I added my KBB hair milk as my conditioner, let it set while I washed my body, then rinsed out. I used a bit of Jessicurl Too Shea! Conditioner, the let my hair drip while I lotioned up and dried, etc. I was gonna just let it air dry without products, which I've been doing lately, but just couldn't resist a product assist.

So I scrunched in some re:coil and plopped in my brand spankin' new (Well, newly cut at least) sheet triangles. I had a plan in mind...don't you worry. These olllllllddddd sheets are probably as old as I am and you can see completely through them. I cut them into large triangles and planned on using my soft bonnet dryer (think 1950's). With the thin fabric I could dry my hair in the plop mostly, then let it down and still dry it with the bonnet while I surfed the internet, posted on nc.com, etc..

I plopped for a while and when the fabric was soaked (not hard to do with how thin it was) and when I was starting to get cold, I set up my soft bonnet dryer on the bed in the computer room and secured it to my head. I let it go until the air no longer felt cold on my head, then pulled out the plop and continued the drying with the bonnet. I do have results pictures, but the camera memory card is somehow corrupt and I got the blue screen from death. Trust me when I say it didn't look half bad! There's frizz from manipulation (for air flow) and rubbing against the sheet, but I have pretty good lookin' waves. Not as good as if I had used my full compliment of products, but not bad either. It's still slightly wet toward the roots, but I'm not going anywhere, so it doesn't matter.

So the first co-wash seems to be a success! No oily, greasy roots, better curls (My hair actually curled in the shower, an almost unheard of event as of late) and the experiment with my soft bonnet dryer wasn't half bad either!

So sorry if you're family and you had to read (again) about my hair obsession, but you should be used to it by now, right? Right. Deal.

1 comment:

  1. Exposure to sun and free radicals may cause hair and skin damage. It is best to use a product that is 100% organic for it can penetrate to the follicle to balance, correct and restore your hair and skin's youth and vitality.

    I'd like to recommend "Appreciation" Pre-Shampoo Treatment, it contains pure jojoba oil that comes from a bean grown in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete