Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter, Everybody!

Sorry, I don't have any photos. I forgot to run upstairs and grab the digital camera. Today was pretty lame. I'm a heathen. For the first time since I was born, I didn't go to church on Easter. I meant to, honest! I'm just soooooooo smart and took a sleeping pill. I woke up at 1:00 pm. Great.

Anyhow, my brother Kris, his wife Rosy and their two kids came over. The Easter Egg Hunt at Grandma's is legendary. Grandma is super generous with both candy, nuts and money. The two kids each made a haul of a bowl of candy (I'm talking small mixing bowls people) and approximately $30 each in cash, between change, $1, and $2. I tell ya, kids just aren't as impressed with $2 bills as I used to be. We used to get one of these every year from a grandma and save and save and save it because they were soooooo rare. Then when I finally spent it, I was so disappointed by the reaction of the cashier...nothing.

Bryson, the one nephew had nasal surgery in Friday. He had some very swollen nodules since he was a baby and they found out when they went to go take him to the orthodontist that since he's never been able to breath out of his nose, his jaw is growing down instead of out. So they took him in to surgery to remove the nodes/nodules/glands (I'm not really sure what they went in to remove), but ended up taking out his adenoids, too. Now the poor guy has gauze packed into this nose, has to have nose drops, take antibiotics (He hates any kind of medicine, it makes him gag) and refuses to take pain medication (prescription). He says he's not in pain, but I think it's more of a medicine taking deal than him really not being in pain.

So we had to take the Easter Egg Hunt a little easy because he wasn't supposed to run. That stuck for about 2 minutes, then they were running all over my parents yard. They each ended up with approximately 60 eggs and I already told you their haul. Gravy, who knew a 1/3 acre lot could have so many places to hide 120+ eggs?

After the hunt and watching them open all the eggs, dinner was almost ready and the smell made me nauseous, very, very nauseous. So I excused myself upstairs took some nausea medicine (I do not have the same problem as Bryson!), OTC Meclizine. It's actually what's in the long-acting Dramamine, but since I've had nausea problems for oh...the past year...the doc just said to purchase it from the Pharmacy and I can get 100 pills for $5 instead of 8 pills for $7 (the Dramamine). So, you know, a note to the wise...Though be aware, it makes you a little drowsy. I crashed and burned for 3 hours after I took this stuff.

Well, that's how our Easter happened! A Happy Easter to you and I hope it was a safe one!

No comments:

Post a Comment