Thursday, April 2, 2009

Picky Picky

For those of you who might remember, this is Mikey from the Life cereal Commercial. I loved those commercials and was devastated when the went off the air.

Anyhow, I'm like the picky kids in the commercial. I am an extremely picky eater. I don't like yogurt, pudding, jello. I also loath honey dew, cantaloupes and watermelon. Oh, and peas...let's not forget peas! It's a texture thing. Those little grape leave wrapped Greek food? I threw it up. Raw tomatoes (even the smell) are the bane of my existence, thought I can eat them cooked. I generally don't like casseroles because all the food is mixed together. When I dish up, I separate my food and eat it one by one. The other foods cannot touch and I circle my plate clockwise. This amuses my friends and family to no end because I'm the only one who does this. The other siblings, mix their foods together and/or pile them on the fork/spoon before shoveling it into their mouth.

So, along come this supposedly miraculous weight loss diet. I'm down with it, but figured out already that this was going to be a challenge of monotony for me. I looked that the allowed food list and most of them I hate (well, at least I know I hate them raw. Most of the time I can't get past the memory of it raw that I can't even try it in anything else).

But I'm proud of myself! I went shopping and actually bought vegetables I hate. This includes Cabbage, cucumbers, green and red peppers (eh, I can take them or leave them. Raw, they're too squeaky), spinach (great in a salad, but I can only dress my salad in balsamic vinegar, gross), radishes (my my dad ate in 2 days), zucchini, mushrooms, chard (it looked gross, so we'll try again later, asparagus (I don't like this on it's own...ewww), 1/2 cup eggplant (texture and the looks ooks me out) and tomatoes.

I will, at some point during this diet, try each an every one of these vegetables I don't know. Who knows, I could widen my horizons!

No comments:

Post a Comment