Saturday, February 14, 2009

Confession Time

Yes, it's time for me to confess. At the beginning of this blog, I touted that I only wash my hair every two weeks and don't use products containing silicones. That is no longer true. Blame it on my access to too many products that I just have to try! Some are working, some are bombing, as per usual, I guess.

But I am still using henna to color my hair. It'd been approximately 7-8 weeks since I colored, so it was desperately needed! I don't think it would normally take me so long (yes long. I usually have to touch-up the root about every 2-3 weeks because the regrowth is so ugly), except I hate the smell of the stinking (pun intended) product! I had been toying with stripping it from my hair lately, but decided it wasn't worth the damage and resultant color fixing needed to make it look okay again. Plus, I think a time or two, I used henna that contained metallic dyes, so I don't know if that would lift with the stripper or not. And everybody in class is totally jealous of my hair color. Not that I understand it, but if they love it, then maybe I should love it for a little longer...at least until the metallic dye has been cut off of my hair. That should be...oh...6-12 months, I think. Can that be considered a little longer?

1 comment:

  1. I say do what makes you happy. And yes 6-12 months can be considered longer...even up to 10 years haha.

    I've been known to dabble in products with silicones myself. I still believe that what hurts my hair the most is the aggressive use of harsh sulfates not necessarily the silicones.

    ReplyDelete