Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Procrastination

Things at school have been pretty boring. We're launching on our fundraising season, so Thursday night...all night...we sat first in the pow-wow room and watched a video about the charities we would be supporting this year. Then we went out to the front desk and participated in a conference call that we really couldn't hear because the phone wouldn't turn up very loud. Raging fun. I am excited for the fundraising because they're having some fun stuff like a car wash, a 5k (sooooo not participating, but I'll cheer), a fashion show, Princess Days, Casual for a Cause (we can pay between $2-$3 a day to dress in jeans), and much more I can't remember. It'll certainly be fun to do these activities and be able to earn hours, too.

The other activities we've been doing have been perms. Perms, perms and more perms. They are a major pain in my patoot. Major! Makes me glad I'm a natural curly and I don't have to worry about getting perms anymore like when I was little. And it's even more frustrating because it takes me so long to do the activity! I'm sooooooo glad we're done with them...until they're on my activity sheet to complete, that is. Sure, I'll practice at home, since I went and bought all the stuff to practice with, but I really loath it.

Now we're on to more fun stuff, like learning how to use our styling equipment. Tonight I think we're working with our hair dryers, smoothing iron and curling irons. Much more fun to my way of thinking, right?

So, now that we've covered what I'm learning...in comes the reason for my title. I am a huge procrastinator and have been majorly procrastinating touching up my henna. I've got roots that are about 1/2" long and it looks awful! I really need to touch up the roots, then do an all-over refresh because the ends are getting a might orange for my liking. Where I used to be able to go 3 months without getting my chemical color redone and the roots didn't show that bad, I have to touch up my henna every 2 weeks or so. It's been 6-7 weeks. So maybe I have 1" of regrowth. I've been toying with getting a vegetable stripper to pull all the henna out of my hair, but I'm so afraid of the damage that would do, that I just can't bring myself to do it. Then I have to maintain a chemical color and even though it would technically be cheap because I can have it done at school, it's still a hassle to do.

What are your thoughts? Opinions? Should I keep the henna and just deal with the high maintenance upkeep or go back to chemical coloring?

1 comment:

  1. That's great about the fundraising. 5K's are great too. Not too far of a distance but, not so short that you don't feel like you accomplished anything.

    ReplyDelete