Thursday, March 19, 2009

Down and out...

I'm frustrated and a little bit down. I went to go see the doctor for the 2nd time since starting school about the eczema on my fingers. My eczema on my hands has been out of control since I started and she told me today that I need to take a leave from school to determine if it's school that's making my hands so bad or the change in the seasons. We argued (I'm nothing if not stubborn) about me staying in until after the seasons are finished changing because I want this so bad, but this is time #2 that I've had a staph infection in my fingers. Not cleanly for haircutting and not good for me, either. I've been taking prednisone, a horrible if wondrous drug to keep my fingers under control and it still isn't doing the trick. And it has too many side effects to keep taking it like I have been.

So, this blog will change slightly into more of a life and/or hair accounting until I'm able to return to school. If I'm able to return to school. Yeah, I'm frustrated. Yeah, I'm mad. Doesn't do me any good, so I'm just gonna go be frustrated and mad for a while on my own.

3 comments:

  1. Aww I'm sorry. This is how I feel about running. I finally started enjoying running and now my shins hurt and the doctor said if I keep on going I'll end up with more injuries later.

    Do you think a second opinion from a different doctor might help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things work out well...stay positive;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I just wanted to suggest trying Shea butter on your hands/eczema if you haven't already. My sister also had serious eczema on her hands and she tried an eczema cream (I make it but that isn't the point of this post) and it has brought her complete relief.

    Straight, raw shea butter is the best, the unrefined kind.

    Hope you find relief, one way or another.

    Angela
    www.thesycamoreboutique.com

    ReplyDelete