Monday, March 9, 2009

Floor Test Ovah!

I finished my floor test tonight. I'm pretty sure I passed. Thank goodness! I'm sure I'll find out tomorrow. I also get to make up my written test tomorrow. Can you see me jumping for joy?

I asked my sister to come and be my female model. We had to do 16 foils, 8 weave and 8 slice foils (trust me, I know most of this is greek to you). Then we had to pull those out and resection the hair and do color applications. I figured my sister would be an okay model because her hair was about to her chest. Wrongo, people! It probably hits her bra-strap! And it's THICK! I think I ended up putting 1/3 of a gallon of conditioner on her hair for the color applications. My sister made the hilarious comment that we should have weighed her before doing the color applications and after!

After getting through the color applications, I was to rinse her hair and roll 6 perm rods. I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and still didn't get all the conditioner out of her hair! I rolled the rods (which were a pain because she has layered and thinned hair), did the pretend application, took them out and finally washed her. We were judged on the head massage. She said I did a good job and I have some fierce competition as her stylist does a fabu job with the head massage. We rinsed, conditioned and then I had to dry her hair.

I finally got it dry, then completed my barrel rolls and spiral rolls (or whatever they're called on the side) and was given permission to use the smoothing iron on her hair. By that time I was soaked in sweat (seriously, I was) and even with half-assing the job, she loved it. Or at least she said she loved it.

So...the floor test is over. I'm happy, shaking from the cold because I stripped off all my clothes and am sitting in damp underwear writing this, and my feet hurt.

Day over! Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment