Monday, March 9, 2009

Totally un-hair related...


My nephew is famous! Well, at least in the Austin area. Well, one of my nephews.

My youngest nephew (so far) was born with some prett significant health problems and my brother and sister-in-law have ended up spending the better part of a year in a childrens hospital. They've staid at the Ronald McDonald House (Bless whoever came up with that idea!) during the time and tried to manage my older nephew (the now famous one).

The older nephew, Conner, is hell on wheels. He is always on the go, so excited to do everything, see everything, has a memory like nobody I've ever seen and everybody at the hospital absolutely loves him. His enthusiasm is infectious and you can't help but smile when you're around him.

During Halloween (poor family has spent pretty much every holiday at the hospital this year), he was Superman and was flying around the hospital ward, cracking everybody up. He was so cute, someone at the Ronald McDonald House took a picture of him.

Well, every year, the Ronald McDonald House has a ball for fundraising and my brother's family was kind of chosen to attend and be in the video promoting the fundraising. Rather than explain it, I'll just link you so you can read the story. This brought tears to my eyes. The whole blog is quite inspirational, so if you decide to, please feel free to read the whole thing. I think you'll get an idea what an amazing family I come from, even though I complain sometimes about them. This is my closest brother (In age and emotional attachment), so it's especially poignant for me how well they land on their feet with no family around. Thank goodness for family friends they've made down where they life (2 hours away), church members and the fabulous hospital staff.

The staff at the hospital has been wonderful and have really gone the extra mile for my family. So, as they say in their post...whenever you're at McDonald's and see the little change slot for the RMHC, chuck your change in there...it really makes a difference in many people's life's but especially my families life. I did stay there when I went down there to help and the rooms are amazing. Just like a home away from home. And there are numerous was to contribute if you're inspired to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment