Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dear Lord, kill me now!

Tonight, we did shampoo sets. We had some ghetto mannequin (not mine) heads that had the worst cuts known to man(nequin). I know I'm just a beginner, but I can usually make hair do what I want. Trying to wrap this severely uneven hair around plastic tubes was tortuous! And it didn't help that they had you put what they call GOOP (GOOP, people!) in the hair to make it easier to wrap. The consistency of this stuff was snot. I know, some of us on nc.com joke around about one hair product called Kinky Curly Curling Custard being snotlike...this GOOP (also known as setting lotion) takes the cake, people. Hands down. And if you put too much in the hair and combed it, it fell out of the hair like sheets of slime. I have to admit...it was slightly difficult to keep from gagging around this stuff.

So, after I wrapped as much as I could of my mannequin head in curlers, we put them under the dryers. By then it was too late to do anything else, so later, we're going to learn how to style it into the old-lady helmet by backcombing, so it'll last for an entire week.

Thank goodness, I'm in a night class and actual shampoo sets are few and far between. Kinda makes going longer almost worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment