Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Whew!

Not much to report today. We went over some procedural protocol when meeting with a client. Pretty basic stuff I had already learned by listening to some of the CD's they had provided to us.

But the big news is...I kinda found out what my haircut is going to be like! She says it's going to be short enough that I probably won't be able to pull it back into a ponytail. Probably a good thing as my hair has been pulled back every day this week. Except maybe Monday. I think I straightened Monday. She say's it's going to be madly layered with shorter layers and longer layers and it's going to be an A-line cut. That's all she'll give me.

In other news...I really want to get another tattoo (Ash, stop reading!). I can't find anybody to design it for me, though because it's kind of an obscure idea. I want a tattoo of The Three Fates. Not the nasty hag-like ones that traditional Greek mythology portrays, but winsome ones. I want it to go down my spine. I want one woman (I probably want them all hooded, just because then I don't have to deal with too much detail with the faces) spinning, maybe with a drop spindle. That represents the first Fate spinning the thread of your life. I'll show what the drop spindle looks like below. Then a line of thread waving down to another woman who is measuring the thread made. That represents the second Fate measuring how long your life is. Then another thread waving to the third Fate, who is holding a pair of scissors to cut the thread. This represents them choosing when your life will end.

Soooooooo...if anybody wants to design a tattoo for me, I cannot pay, but would much appreciate it if you're doodling to draw me a tattoo that can go down my spine. Any takers?!

Here is the original idea of the Three Fates:


Here is a picture of what a drop spindle looks like:



Also, please NO NUDES! I want these ladies clothed. And I want it tasteful. I don't want impressionistic or distorted. I want them to look like real people.

Thank you to anybody who takes on this challenge. I promise pictures if I ever get a drawing I like and get the tat done!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I defied you! Did not stop reading!!

    I will hold my tongue. You know I'm half jealous because I actually like tatoos, but the other half of me IS a relief society president . . . so . . . Just make sure they don't start looking trashy. Make sure you can cover it up . . .

    Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for your haircut. I wish I was brave enough to go short.

    The tattoo sounds like it's going to be beautiful but painful. I hope you find someone to draw it for you.

    ReplyDelete