Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's about freaking time!

Oh, yeah, baby! Today, we finally learned "how" to do weaves. They won't let us play with real hair color yet, so we had to use conditioner. Talk about sucking eggs! We learned how to do what they call the diagonal slice. It's used for a more obvious hair color. It was a challenge to get the foils to stay where they needed to be because the conditioner was too slick. Then we learned the horizontal weave. That's for the more natural look. By then I had mastered the "SunshineGrrl method" of making my foils stay in place, but still wasn't 100% successful. When it was over, we pulled out the foils full of conditioner and just brushed out the hair of our mannequins. They need all the conditioning they can get...

In other news...I'm going to get my hair cut. I signed up for a no-cut challenge and I should have known better. Once my hair gets to a certain length, it just goes blah. I'm there. So, I talked my instructor into cutting my hair and she's planning on making it curly friendly. She's going to cut it wet, but then style it curly and catch any stickie-outies.

In sadder news, the other girl in my class with kinky hair is going in on Saturday to get her hair relaxed. Sadness! Just give me time...I'll get her to embrace her curls. I have to admit, they are a mess right now, but I think it's just because she's going in 1,000 directions all at once and is so exhausted she can't function.

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting a curly hair cut too this weekend. I'm so excited. I've never gotten one before.

    ReplyDelete