Monday, January 12, 2009

Team Building Exercises. I HATES them!

Today, we had the team building exercises. First, there were 5 people chosen out of my class to be part of a fictional committe to plan a party. Guess who got picked. Yours truly. Fabulous. Then we all got a piece of paper that stated what role we had inside the group. One was irresponsible, one was a good leader, one was a slut (seriously), one was stupid ideas and one was the comic. We were not allowed to see our own label and after a round of questions, we had to guess what role we were labeled as. BTW, we were not given a list, it was just taped to our chests. Turns out I was the comic. I don't know if that was on purpose or just by happenstance. Either way...creepy.

Then we had our team building activity with another class. We were each given a book and had to get across the room without touching the floor, always had to be touching somebody and couldn't speak or laugh. Not only that, but they could change the rules. People were being blindfolded, tied together, and one girl even had both her legs tied together. I was one of the lucky ones to be blindfolded. Turns out after they blindfolded me, there was no rule saying I had to keep it on. Great, nice to know after the fact! One poor guy got sent back like 5 times! Oh, yeah. And there were anchors that couldn't move, so we had to go around them. And there were some students who had to wait for another to pass them before they could complete the exercise.

Number one problem was the personal space. I normally don't like touching people and like my own personal space. That wasn't going to work today. I ended up hugging, holding hands tightly and even full-body contact with people. Awkward! But it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Guess this class will burst my personal bubble, huh?

And oh, yeah. I totally got slapped on the butt by one of my fellow students. Relax...it was a female. It's nice to know they like me enough to be playful like that and I don't take offense...it's just unexpected. I love that I mostly get along with everybody in the class. Didn't expect that!

3 comments:

  1. Ummmmmm, hello! You started a blog and didn't even tell me!!!! That's not loving . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. How'd you find out I had a blog? I figured since it's only to document my cosmetology experience, it's technically not considered a blog that the whole fam would like to read. Not like a blog that fills me in on what you're up to lately. Not like Heidi's blog which lets me see how she, Logan and Afton are doing. Not like Kim & Leslie's that updates us all at once on family status's between health issues, family news, funnies from Conner, etc. It's just a little ole blog about my adventures in cosmetology school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I linked your blog to mine ,hope you don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete