Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oh. My. Gosh.

I'm a broken female. I don't know how I got to the ripe old age of 29 without knowing how to braid hair, but I have. I feel like I should turn in my woman's card right now.

If you can't guess, we practiced braiding tonight. The braids we learned were completely awesome, but geez! They were complicated! And the way they showed us how to do them was so confuzzling. First of all, the mannequin hair is just nasty. We found all sorts of random tidbits in the hair, from fuzz to actual thread. Thank goodness none of them had lice or other nastiness! My poor mannequin's hair was all sticking forward. I couldn't get it to lay back off her (I use the term loosely) face.

It was a fun, if slightly frustrating night. We learned how to do a cable braid (4 strands), bamboo braid (I can't even explain it, but it looks awesome), and I think a french braid. I seriously thought my brain would explode. I'm so damaged. But hey, at least I can retain my woman's card now that I officially know how to braid. It might not look good and I probably couldn't actually do it on a human head because the human would be curled in a ball in excrutiating pain, but at least I officially know, huh?

On the upside, I got permission to bring in my own products for days when we're doing each other's hair, which will not be very often according to my instructor.

Oh, yeah. We also got an introduction to PM products. It's a freaking good thing that my thoughts cannot be broadcasted. I'm pretty sure I would have been kicked out of school. Even though PM has amazing hair products and I'm slowly being brainwashed into wanting to use them, I couldn't help but almost snort at their propaganda. "Infused with lightweight silicones to help improve the condition of your hair" my ass. And pretty much all their Deep Conditioners have massive amounts of protein. That's fabu for the average bleached, damaged head of hair, but what about the people in life who need moisture, dang it?! Dry hair needs love, too...*sniff*

2 comments:

  1. love the blog and would like to get in touch

    marie
    marie@naturallycurly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie...love to. I sent you a message from nc.com.

    ReplyDelete