Wednesday, January 7, 2009

In the Beginning

So...my first day in school was Jan 5th. I was supposed to start last March, but work prohibited me from starting. Then I got sick, then I had to be out of town, trying to take care of my Grandmother. Life always seemed to get in the way. It seemed like it was going to do it again when my Grandmother passed away and the family scheduled the memorial service for the Saturday after I started classes. Luckily, it turned out that they're flying me up Friday night and I come back Sunday night, so I will not miss any class. And trust me, I do not want to miss this class.

I am attending Paul Mitchell: The School. PM has an excellent reputation, plus I've met the owners and know them to be one of the most wonderful, friendly people alive. The atmosphere is so much fun. The people there are amazing!

The first day of school was a little nerve-wracking. It was snowing, I didn't know where I was going, I'm terrified of new situations, hate change and don't know what people will think of my hair philosophies. I went to class and we had to go over the legal mumbo-jumbo required by the state and that took up pretty much the whole night. My instructor is a total crack-up and I can tell already we're gonna have good times in the class. We have 4 men in out class and roughly 12 women. The first night, the men were sitting on one side of our little "U" shaped desks, pretty much like a snowball dance. I hated those things. Accursed dances.

It was still snowing and the school wanted to let everybody go so they could get home safely before the roads became icy or worse.

Thus ended my first day in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment