Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm so lame...

So today, I have nothing to do and I actually remembered to bring my mannequin head home to practice on. I'm supposed to be practicing braids, and french twists. So what do I decide to do with my boredom? I decided to see if my mannequin head had curly hair! So, I rinsed her hair, applied conditioner (PM Detangler if you're curious. It had dimethicone in it), rinsed again and lo and behold...she had wavy hair. I towel dried her hair and put her on the stand and forgot about her for a bit. When I remembered, I turned around and without product she had some waves and even some spirals!

And me, being the me I am...decided to take it a step further. So I rewet, scrunched out the excess water, then popped her back on the stand. I applied some product that is in my arsenal, but doesn't work for me (PM Extra Body Sculpting Foam), scrunched it in with the head facing down like I scrunch in my products. Then, since there was a significant amount of frizz (did I mention this is some seriously damaged hair?), I mixed up a concoction of water, Fruit of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel, LA Looks Absolute Styling Sport Gel and a smidge of Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets to encourage more curl. I also tried plopping, but it's not so successful on her. The frizz seems to have significantly reduced. And...here are some before pics. I'll post more after once she's air-dried and I've scrunched out the crunch.


The Frontal Shot. This head is surprisingly feminine. I think my other one looks like a man. And yes, those are clips in her hair. I'm using them to put some volume in her hair.

The side shot. I tweeked the color a little bit so you can see the curls better.

And...the back shot. I may be a little vain, but I think it looks like my hair from the back. I also tweeked the color on this one so you could see the curls better. Hold on, lemme see if I can find a pic of the back of my head.

Okay, maybe not quite.

No comments:

Post a Comment