Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Temporarily Out Of Commission

I know I haven't posted every day about my classes. That's because I've been out of commission with a cold that I got from my classmates. It made the rounds, I tell you. So, I ended up missing two days because I was sick and one day when I broke my ankle/foot/whatever. In "CORE" training, you can only miss 3 days total before you have to begin again. So I had a discussion with my instructor who was almost in tears because she was so afraid that I would have to start over. That was really touching. We made a pact that I wouldn't miss any more class, come hell or high water. I like class too much to miss it. If I'm sick and I think I'm contagious, I guess I'll go buy some medical masks so I don't pass it to others.

On an up note, I talked my instructor into cutting my hair. She's all over doing a cut that looks great curly, which I love. Right now, it's just in that in between stage where I really can't do a lot with it and it just isn't flattering when it's this long. Being able to pull it up in fancy hair do-dads are great, but it just doesn't look right with my face shape. So we're going to fix that!

Today, we went over color. I am amazed and overwhelmed with information. We went over the structure of the hair, how it interacts, the reaction of alkaline products versus acidic products. It was a super-fun, interesting, engaging night, but overwhelming just the same. Thank goodness PM has made it relatively easy to do color.

So, yeah. Nothing too exciting, just getting a little more intense now.

No comments:

Post a Comment